A Slightly Different Pizza Crust!
What do you do when you don’t have an ingredient for your recipe? You get creative! I didn’t have cream cheese to make that one pizza crust they call fathead. Which I change slightly anyways, but I decided to try mayo in lieu of cream cheese.
Well, it turned out pretty darn good! I was really happy with the results.
- 1 c mozzarella
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c almond flour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a pan with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Place mozzarella and mayo in a microwave safe bowl and nuke about 45 seconds and stir, nuke another 15 - 20 till it's similar to mine.
- Add Almond flour first, then drop the egg on top of it. Stir it until you basically form a dough ball like in my video.
- Place dough on prepared pan and keep water on low drizzle and wet your hand. Start pressing down the dough as thin as you want it.
- Bake 8 minutes at 425 degrees and flip over cook for 5 more minutes, unless it is brown enough for you!
- Top pizza with your favorite low carb toppings and place back in the oven. I put it on broil so it cooks and melts toppings fast. but you have to watch it.
- Remove from the oven, cut and serve!