Delicious Low Carb Faux Pigs n Blanket!
I have been sampling recipes I find and changing to make different things. I really love this one so much that I made a second batch and froze them for tomorrow to see if they freeze okay. I did wrap them separately, so they wouldn’t stick together. We loved them!
I also made a low carb syrup and I’ll share a recipe for it soon. They were amazing dipped in the syrup, I was blown away. It felt like I was cheating! However, these didn’t need any syrup at all! They were perfect just the way they were without syrup.
Here is a video of the recipe. I changed it in the process, but I did update recipe accordingly. I ended up needing more almond flour in the mix. Thanks for watching!
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c almond flour
- 1 tbsp cream
- 1 3/4 tbsp eggs
- 0.6 tbsp Psyllium husks just a little over a half a tablespoon.
- 1 tsp maple extract
- drop of sucralose
- 5 or 6 ounces sausage for rolls (You can fill this with as much sausage as you want)
- Preheat oven to 335 degrees, then later to 350 degrees.
- First prep pan with parchment or non-stick foil.
- In a bowl mix dry ingredients.
- In another bowl mix up the wet ingredients.
- Place cheese in a microwave safe bowl and heat until soft and bubbly. About 30 seconds in my microwave, sometimes an additional 10.
- Add the dry and wet ingredients and mix until a nice dough forms. (It may look like OMG this isn’t going to work, but don’t give up, it will!)
- Roll it out using parchment paper and roll your sausage inside of it.
- Brush with egg wash and bake for 25 minutes.
- Then turn up oven to 350 and bake for an additional 5 minutes and boom they’re done!
- These turned out amazing!
- I used my favorite ground sausage and only used 2.5 ounces in all, which is just 1 and a quarter serving which is basically 1 and a quarter carb.