Parmesan Italian Cabbage Rolls!
So I decided to write up a recipe this morning and just go for it. There were only two things that I added extra that I didn’t write on the recipe I wrote up this morning (Some how I forgot to think of sucralose & onion powder). They turned out great, I’ll share the recipe with you!
- 12 Blanched Cabbage Leaves
- 1 c Chopped Cabbage (I used closer to the center where it’s white)
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 c Fresh Crumbled Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tbsp Tone’s Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Tone’s Onion Powder
- 2 tbsp Tone’s Minced Dry Onions
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 2 packets Sucralose
- 2 c Water
- 4 oz Tomato Paste
- Start by blanching your cabbage leaves if you haven’t already. This is simple carefully pull off 12 – 15 cabbage leaves. The recipe calls for 12, but in case you tear one. Heat a pot of water to boiling with about a (additional tsp) teaspoon of salt and drop 6 leaves in at a time, push down into the water and then pull them out. Place on a cooling rack or whatever you chose.
- Make sauce by adding tomato paste, 2 cups of water, 1 tbsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp onion powder, 1 tbsp minced dry onions, 1 tbsp Italian seasoning, 1/2 tbsp oregano and the sucralose. Mix well and start crock pot on high added a quarter of sauce to bottom of crock pot.
- Next mix Beef with 1 tbsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp onion powder, 1 tbsp minced dry onions, 1 tbsp Italian seasoning, 1/2 tbsp oregano, 1/2 cup Parmesan crumbles and I used mixer to get it all incorporated!
- Next make 12 equal size clumps or small logs of the beef mixture. Roll each wad of meat into the cabbage leaves and toothpick it closed.
- Place the rolls toothpick side down and add the rest of the sauce pouring over all of the rolls, sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese over the top and cook for 3 hours on high.
- After 3 hours have passed simple serve and don’t forget to remove ALL of the toothpicks, I did crumble extra Parmesan cheese for topping. I sprinkled a teeny bit of mozzarella cheese too.