Valentines Day Cookies!
Some people love Valentines Day and some people hate Valentines Day. I personally don’t mind it at all. I love to make something in shape of a heart or just make something good for my hubby. I especially love when I can make them low carb and more or less sugar free. When I say sugar free and I use xylitol I know it’s not 100% sugar free. But these are a lot better for you, because carbs are lower and it’s made from real products!
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 oz Whipped Cream Cheese
- 1/2 c Sweetener (see recipe below for homemade liquid sweetener.)
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Watkins Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 c MorningPep Coconut Flour
- 3/4 c Bob’s Red Mill Finely Ground Almond Meal/Flour
- 1 tsp Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- 1.5 servings MorningPep Rich Dark Organic Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 tsp Now Foods Xanthan Gum
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees and prep pan for baking cookies.
- Mix dry ingredients together, coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, xanthan gum,
- Whip Butter & Cream cheese in a mixing bowl until mixed well.
- Add egg and mix till incorporated.
- Add a half cup of liquid sweetener (See recipe below), mix slowly when you add it or it’ll go everywhere!
- Add vanilla, mix in well.
- Next add the bowl of dry ingredients mix until thick and pasty!
- You should be able to form it to a ball, roll it out and then wrap in cling wrap and refrigerate for about 2 hours till nice and cold.
- Cut into thirds and put back in fridge until ready for next two pieces.
- Roll out to about 1/8 of an inch thick or so. You can do it as thick as you like, just accommodate the heating time.
- I cut out Heart Shaped Cookies and carefully pick them up and place them on your non-stick cookie sheet. I used a Silicone Baking Mat!
- Bake for 12 to 18 minutes, test them to see if they’re done. These will be a soft cookie, but will hold it’s shape and texture.
- Cool them after baking and take exactly half the cookies and cut out a smaller heart in the center of them. Set smaller heart aside.
- To finish the cookies use a little ganache to stick the hollow heart on top of the full heart and fill the center with ganache.
- Take the mini hearts you cut out of center and simply use a little ganache to stick them together as sandwich cookies! Super simple recipe and delicious! Below are other recipes needed for these DELICIOUS COOKIES!
Ingredients for Ganache:
- 1/2 c Land O’Lakes Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3/4 c Lindt 90% Supreme Dark Chocolate, chopped
- sweetener of your choice
Directions for Ganache:
- Heat cream till hot, I simply nuke it for about 40 to 50 seconds, not boiling.
- add chopped chocolate let it melt then stir it in.
- Add sweetener once you have a nice thick chocolate ganache, sweeten to your liking!
Homemade liquid sweetener!
- 1 c finely ground MorningPep Xylitol
- 4 tbsp water
- 3/4 water
- Add the xylitol and 4 tbsp of water in pan cook until xylitol is melted down, but be sure not to burn and keep it on low.
- Once its liquid remove half a cup for the cookie recipe then add the remaining 3/4 cup of water to the liquid and just let it warm up and make sure every little granule is melted.
- You can save remaining for whatever you want! Tea, coffee, another recipe that can use liquid. Anything using coconut flour since it soaks up a lot of liquid.