Coconut, Almond, Goji Cookies!
Amazing cookies I used goji berries and almond flour to make. These turned out super delicious and my family loved them. What I really liked about them is I can let me son eat 5 of them and it’s just nuts and fruit for the most part! That is super awesome in my eyes!
- 2 1/2 c MorningPep Almond Flour
- 4 tbsp Butter, Cold & Diced
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Land O Lakes Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tsp coconut extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 c MorningPep Goji Berries, Rehydrated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prep cookie sheet, I used a silicone baking mat.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In another small bowl mix the extract, egg, heavy whipping cream and I used liquid sweetener. Set in fridge till needed.
- Using a fork mash the butter into the almond flour until you have crumbly texture that can be molded using your hand. You know grab a handful and squeeze it together. If it holds the shape it’s probably ready.
- Add the wet to the dry all but the goji berries, leave them aside for now.
- Stir the egg and cream mixture into the almond flour.
- Once it’s mixed well put some coconut oil on your hands, this is just to handle the cookies and it not stick to your hands. Cause it will!
- I made 9 cookies that were just plain
- Stir goji berries into remaining dough and make approximately 7 more cookies. This was a test to see how they turned out.
- Bake 15 -18 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove from oven and carefully place cookies on a cooling rack.
If you’re not sure what to do with the dry goji berries, I can tell ya. Boil about a cup of water and add sweetener of your choice. Make it sweet. Add about 3/4 cup of goji berries and just let them soak for about 15 minutes. That’s it. Just squeeze out the liquid of about 1/4 cup for portion of recipe you need them for. If you decide to do the entire batch with goji, just use the entire 3/4 cup of berries for the whole batch of cookie dough. Oh let me add this cookie dough tastes amazing before it’s even baked! LOL! Seriously!